Sunday, March 21, 2010

Turkey-It's what's for dinner

I made some yummy turkey burgers last night and they tasted so good that I thought I'd pass along the recipe to y'all.

Turkey Burgers
1.5 pound (give or take) of ground turkey
1 pkg. Onion soup mix
1 egg
1/2 cup plain, dry bread crumbs
1/2 tsp. pepper

Mix this all together with your hands, form into balls then patties, and grill/cook. I cooked ours in our george foreman wannabe grill and they turned out great. Be sure to check the insides before serving, as they seem to take a bit longer than regular burgers to cook all the way through-and Lord knows we don't want to eat any raw turkey.

This yields 7-8 burgers.

We ate them plain (without the buns and fixings) and used some ranch beans and green beans and corn as sides.

Oh yes, let me include my recent idea for bread crumbs. I started making my own by toasting those irritating heels of the bread loaves that keep getting passed over as you use up loaf after loaf of bread. Just toast them to crispy (but not burnt) and then crumble them up and store them in a ziplock baggy or air-tight container. Whala-you have homemade bread crumbs and less wasted bread too.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea with the bread crumbs! Although, we end up giving most of our heels to the ducks =)

    ReplyDelete