Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Not enough time...

"I can't seem to get everything done," or "There just aren't enough hours in the day," are such common phrases we hear from the mouths of people we know and don't know, as well as ourselves. It seems we've nearly all resolved ourselves to "being too busy" to get everything we "need" to do done.

In a recent study I was reminded of the reality that God created each day with 24 hours in it. And, when He did this, He knew exactly what He was doing. He created each one of us with a purpose. And again, He knew what He was doing. He has given each one of us a mission. And, you guessed it, He knew what he was doing.

God has not set us up for failure. He has not called us to the impossible, but yet the possible. Consider the reality that THERE IS ENOUGH TIME in each and every day to do exactly what the Lord has called you to.

And if you don't believe this...let me remind you of the story of when God "stopped" or expanded time. Joshua was called by God to fight the Amorites. While in the midst of the battle, He asked the Lord to make the sun and the moon stand still. And do you know what? God did exactly that. God held the sun and the moon in place for nearly an extra day. God can, has and does make time enough for accomplishing His purposes through our lives each and every day.

Read the excerpt below:

Joshua 10:12-14

12 On the day the LORD gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the LORD in the presence of Israel:
"O sun, stand still over Gibeon,
O moon, over the Valley of Aijalon."

13 So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on [a] its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar. The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. 14 There has never been a day like it before or since, a day when the LORD listened to a man. Surely the LORD was fighting for Israel!


So, next time you find yourself about to mindlessly blurt out, "I just don't have enough time to..." dare to re-consider your statement, re-evaluate your calling, and re-establish your priorities. Though some of our "shoulds" may need to be tossed out the window, I am convinced that you'll find that you do, in fact, have enough time to accomplish His purposes for your life.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. Thank you for the reminder. I was just reminded of my true purpose on Easter Weekend as I studied and ever since then have enjoyed my days more even though I have yet to get everything done that I "need" to get done, done. I think my kids are happier too. Thanks Em, you are such a blessing in my life. Oh yeah, and thanks for the b-day suprise. Such a cute family picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw this post of facebook. Nicely put. It is so easy to get caught up in the things that we "think" are important. Didn't know you have a blog. I am gonna add you to mine!

    ReplyDelete