Friday, May 14, 2010

"In my heart..."

As of late, Ashley has been talking/asking quite a bit about who is in her heart. You know, God, Jesus, people who have died before us, etc. So, last night, as she is going to the bathroom before going to bed she says, "Mommy, if you're in my heart and I poop you out, then I won't have a mommmy anymore."

I laughed, and not knowing quite how to respond, I told her that it doesn't work like that.

Oh goodness, what an alarming thought-that you just might poop your mommy away.

Today she asked me if God was in her poop. Oh my. There are some serious misconceptions going on here, I suspect because we tell her that God is everywhere. On the bright side, she is thinking and it is about God.

Of to recharge for the adventures tomorrow holds.

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny. She needs a book my boys have about our bodies and one page is "eating and excreting" and one page is "drinking and weeing" and then she would know poop isn't her mom or God.

    btw it was Peggy that didn't come. Amy made it literally at the last second due to 2 plane delays. We were all sweating it for her. She walked in the door just as it all began.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute. Eli is going through the same phase right now.

    ReplyDelete