Friday, January 8, 2010

Word to the Daddy's out there

So, you know that feeling when things are unusually quiet around your house? Well, this morning Jacob was down for a nap, I was baking in the kitchen and Ashley had disappeared. After not hearing of/from her for a few minutes, I got that feeling-the one when you know your kiddo is up to no good. I hear the water running in our master bathroom. Hmmm...I think to myself. I know Ashley can wash her hands by her self in there, but my suspicion is that something else must be going on. When I turn the corner and see her, there she is. Standing on the toilet, leaning her tummy over the counter to the sink, the water running and...Daddy's razor up to her face. She was shaving her face! Gulp...but then I noticed that she luckily had the blades turned away from her face versus against it. I am praying that if she had made multiple strokes upon her face, that they were all with the razor the opposite direction. I guess I let you know in a week or two if she develops any five o'clock shadows. I really hope not though.

So, Daddys out there-remember to put your razor back in the vanity each morning-not just because your wife nags at you to clean off the counter, but because who wants their precious little girl to look like a "Pat" and who wants their little boy to look pubescent when he shows up for preschool?

Jacob and Ashley have been coordinating their afternoon naps this week which has been a complete blessing! Thank you Lord! We are working on trying to get Jacob to sleep through the night without any nighttime feedings. Last night it took a healthy 2 hours of crying, checking in on him and patting his back every 15 minutes. Argh! He is a determined little guy. Maybe tonight I won't be up for this fun session from 2am-4am. Pray for him...and us :)

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh...scary about Ashley. I am going to ask Zac to put his up higher.

    Not looking forward to those middle of the night feedings again. I keep telling myself that some day I will be able to get a complete nights sleep....someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just fyi: http://kentonville.com/archival/myths/shaving-does-not-make-your-beard-grow-thicker-or-faster.html

    Either way, thats scary!

    ( From Zac )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is fun. I love how you write. I too have a blog it is theweavs-becky.blogspot.com

    What cute little ones. Good luck with the picking up of the razors and with the sleeping through the night.

    ReplyDelete